Hello Neighbor! Did you get our postcard? We have a message for you HERE.
Quick fun facts about Vlietstra Dairy Farm.
- We are a family farm celebrating 100 years of dairy farming in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- You will find our 3rd and 4th generation owners in the barn every day working with the cows, cleaning pens and hauling manure, or doing the constant maintenance on buildings and equipment.
- We milk 300 cows twice a day.
- Our milk gets shipped many places and is sold in the form of milk, butter, cheese, yogurt and ice cream.
- We grow approximately 800 acres of crops each year. The majority of our crops are fed to our cows.
- We buy insurance locally and bank with area bankers. Local veterinarians help us care for our herd. We regularly purchase equipment, building supplies, seed and fuel from local venders. We hire local contractors for many projects.
- For many years and to this day neighborhood young people and Vlietstra grandchildren have had their first jobs feeding calves or milking cows at our farm.
- We have wonderful neighbors and friends.
- We love farming and plan to continue for years to come.